Sunday, August 26, 2007

Rainy Sunday afternoon

Hello my faithful friends. Well, I did not make it to that emotionally aligning yoga class but I did attend the movie. And it was GREAT! Not that I have needed any assistance in the tear inducing part of my life lately, but it did make me shed a few. I laughed and giggled and stuffed myself with buttery popcorn and Jess' homemade peanut butter chocolate brownies (snuck very carefully into the theater, shhh.) and left feeling just great. An evening with some of my most favorite ladies was just what the Doctor ordered. After the movie we came back to my place and Jess made more yummies, Enchiladas and Guacamole and we chowed. I had a fairly good appetite and went to bed with a full and not so queasy feeling tummy for the first time in a week. It was wonderful.

Larry was in Charleston attending a fund raiser for us at the "The Park" in Charleston (skatepark) and having a grand time. I was sad to not be able to make it down to party and show everyone our appreciation for their thoughtfulness, but I just wasn't up to the journey. Jon Dee and his most fabulous girl Margaret put on one heck of a show full of skating and music and raised a ton of money for us! Larry and I are still reeling from the outpouring of support that continues to come from friends and family. We are so truly blessed!

As for today, I spent the morning giving some blood at the hospital to make sure that my count was where it should be (it was) and then the rest of the day laid up on the couch being a completely lazy bum and watching trash television (Brett Michael's Rock of Love, for those who share my vice). My mommy dearest met me at the hospital and came home to take care of me until Larry got back into town. She made me chocolate chip cookies (care of Angie- YUMYUMYUM!) and a grilled ham and cheese sammy. I know, I am the most spoiled rotten chemo vixen there is! And - I am really sticking to this eat what I can thing and worrying later about the eat what's healthy thing. That's what's important now, right?

So anyhoo, just a quick little update and then I am back to being a bum. Tomorrow I have another check-up with Doc C. and blood work and the "hey how was your first week of chemo?" dialog, so I will fill you all in tomorrow. Happy Sunday and thanks again for reading!

Love.

~M

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Hi sweet, We are glad you made it to the movie and enjoyed being out. I sure hope one day we get to meet this fabulous support group you have behind you. We are thinking of you and praying for you and most of all we LOVE YOU!Betsy

Nancy said...

Glad to hear you got out to the movie!! Wish we were closer so I could come be with you during the day and help out with the spoiling part!! Thanks for the updates. I know some days you probably don't feel like typing out you day for us, but its a great way to keep all those who love you informed. Love you!

Shanda Panda said...

Hi Mary! I am so glad to hear/read that you are hanging in there like a champ! I love the "spoiled chemo vixen" part- too cute! I think about you everyday! You are an inspiration to me & anyone who will ever have to go through this! And it's great that you are sharing your experience for those of us who are clueless to the feelings, thoughts & emotions that you are dealing with. I love you girl! Shanda

Billie said...

Mare, I hope this gets to you. I LOVE YOU!!!!! I

Billie said...

Hey Mare Now I know how to send you a message. Tell Larry I sent you a message!!!! I saw "pinky" and I LIKE her!!!