Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A day late and a headline short...

I was a slacker yesterday and did not post a single thing. But - I did go to work and I did clean my house! I still had my bouts of nausea and feeling tired (I took a nap in between house work and work) but all in all it was a fairly good day. I saw the Doc first thing in the morning and my white count is low as he expected, but he is sure it will begin to raise since they gave me that shot that makes my bones ache, aka produce more bone marrow. He suggested that I continue with one of the meds he prescribed for nausea and that seems to be helping. :)

Today I worked alllll day and then baby-sat for by boss and her two cuties (needed a baby fix) and then came home and made myself a yummy supper of broccoli, corn, carrots and cantaloupe. It was absolutely delish and I was CRAVING veggies! I guess that is good, hunh? Now I am going to go watch the rest of my not-so-trashy TV show The Closer and head to bed early cause tomorrow is another day of work. It has been really nice to feel so great the last two days and getting my mind on work and my clients whom I have neglected, is a great way to do just that. I am actually feel almost normal-well as normal as I can anyway.

Friday morning we leave for sunny Florida where I am going to enjoy the white sand and blue waters! Our plan was to use some of the funds sent from you wonderfully generous people and rent myself a little convertible so that I could see the sky and travel in a way that I have never had the chance before, but alas, SC rental car places just don't have convertibles. Oh well, maybe we can find one when we get there for a day. I am so very excited to get out of town and see the ocean. If there is anything that always makes me feel better when I am feeling ill, its the ocean, sand and sun. I am a beach girl at heart and I just knew I would not have another chance to see the beach until after chemo and low and behold that wonderful hubby-o-mine is taking me to the GULF! Anyway, I will stop bragging about that and let you all get back to your lives. I plan to kind of chill with the updates as long as things are still moving along as they are. I figure you guys REALLY don't want to know everything I am doing, cause that would just plain get old. So, until we meet again, I love you all!!

~M

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh Mary how wonderful to hear you on high! We are so proud of you and love you and we are glad to hear you are heading for the beach! We know you both will enjoy getting away. I too feal the calming effects of the water so I know where you are coming from , As Forrest would say " you go girl!" We love you much.

Pete said...

We're always thinking about you two. Have fun this weekend! You deserve it!

Aunt Lona said...

Hi Mary & Larry, Have a great time at the beach. We are glad that you are feeling well enough to make the trip. Soak up a lot of Sun and Sand, it's the best medicine that doesn't come in a bottle. Brad and I feel the same way about the mountain. It's great to hear that you are so upbeat, and handling that nasty "Bug Juice" so well. You are in our prayers as always, I have to tell you how proud we are of you, and tell you also that you are the bravest person I know.
We love you so much. Love Aunt Lona & Uncle Brad and Charlie, Chloe and Daisey!!

eveningpost36 said...

Mary,
I was watching the Today show, which had a program about fertility after cancer. The young woman founded Fertile Hope, which has lots of info on fertility after treatment. The website is http://www.fertilehope.org/
Hope you had a great time away. Thanks for the regular posts.