Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The next day blues

First I must say, that the comments and love and prayers and thoughts are so wonderful! Please keep them coming because on days like today, I can tell you I need them!

Day two was not as full speed as yesterday, and let me tell you I was non-stop all day. The blog was only the first of my to do's! I remained at about 150 mph all day until around 6 pm (after twelve hours of non-stop) I began to crash. I still had a decent appetite and was provided another deliciosso supper by Jess' mom (my other mom) Susan. I am not sure what Larry and I would do without all of you! Well-the likeliest thing now is starve!

This morning was a bit of a different story. I awoke half expecting to feel that same crazy gotta-go right now and run a marathon false energy from the day before, but was not so lucky. I was able to eat breakfast and with only a few doubts safely stay through till lunch where my ever faithul favorite Groucho girl delivered a Cole Special. Now don't tell my docs, cause I think ALL my meals are supposed to be uber healthy, but give a chemo vixen (totally stolen from my Crazy, Sexy Cancer Book by Kriss Carr) a break! She and Emma cheered me up for a minute and then I was back to bed where I remained the majority of today. I have done a little work, phone calls mostly and some billing, but for the most part, not much.

Larry didn't want to leave me any more than he had to, so he has worked from home and I can't tell you all how grateful I am that he can do that. He makes sure I take my medicine and drink "plenty of fluids" (my mom is wearing off on him) and then he checks constantly to make sure I don't need anything else. He truly is my Dr. DA, my knight in skateboard armor and my hero. I have not been the easiest to deal with, I know. Calling talking 900 miles per minute yesterday and crying about nothing today, but he keeps on smiling. And I know that is because of the support we have through all of you! Thank you my wonderful peeps and hope you continue to enjoy coming here to read about my "Crazy, Sexy (damn sure trying) Cancer! (Thanks Kriss Carr and thanks Jenn and Pete!)

Love.

~M

3 comments:

JuJu said...

You've made it through Day 3 Mary. Pat yourself on your sexy cancer back!
We love ya!
xxx

Nancy said...

Hang in there Mary. You made it through one of the toughest days, so you can definately make it through the rest!! I know you can! Glad Larry is able to be there too, otherwise he worry himself crazy!!! Hope today will be a better day!!
Love ya bunches!!

Tina Metz said...

Hey Mare!

You are so important with this blog thing. When I read your comments, I feel like I am right next to you, listening to your voice. I am so proud of you for your positive attitude through all of this. It makes a huge impact on your treatment and overall health. I know your Mom's prayers have sustained you beyond what you can imagine. Nothing like a Mom's fervent prayers for a daughter she deeply loves. I too, am praying for you and Larry. He is such a great partner. You are truly loved. Hang in there. You are doing awesome!

All the way from Alabama!
Love, Tina