Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hmmm, this is new to me. But here goes...

Larry and I have been trying to find the best possible way to let all the wonderful people who care so deeply about us know how this crazy journey is going. We were given the fabulous idea of using a blog so that friends and family can stay up to date on how my treatments are going. I am not sure how much will be disclosed here, or how often, but I do hope that it will be a place where I can let all of you know how I am, how I feel and how much I appreciate your thoughts, prayers, concerns, and love.

To get the ball rolling:

Chemo starts on Monday and I am feeling about as nervous as one could imagine, but I have spent the weekend eating all of the foods I'm not allowed to as of D-day, laughing, giggling, smiling and just all around feeling loved. I will visit with my Dad and kids from out of town tomorrow and hopefully get a decent nights sleep and then...well, then it all starts. Part of my entourage (Mom, Lar, Jess and Laura Ashely) will be my steadfast companions for the day and I can't tell you how grateful I am for that. I will likely give you all an update on Monday as I sit there for about 8 hours getting all that good stuff and I doubt I can read for that long or listen to music, or knit scarves. So...until I figure out how to update this crazy internet blog thinguhmajig, thank you all for being so incredibly wonderful. I love you and I could not have endured the first half of this journey without you and I certainly could not complete it.

~M

13 comments:

Michelle Tate said...

We will continue sending love and healing your way. Let us know if we can do anything. We sent Miss B off to Clemson yesterday. If I can get through that, as strong as you are, you'll surely do just fine. We love you!!!!! (and Larry too)

JuJu said...

We'll be thinking about both of you.
xxx

elene said...

Hey Mary! Thinking of you and praying for strength, love and hope to surround you and your family today, and each day forward. Love you very much.

Michelle Tate said...

Glad you're having such a good appetite!

xoxoxoxo

Michelle Tate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

Mary you rule! This blog is awesome. Thanks for keeping us updated.

ceejay said...

Shug, I am praying for you and Larry and am here when you need me and even when you don't. I love you. Mom<><

Pearl said...

Mare, you are in my thoughts daily. I am praying for strength and patience to endure your treatments. Also, in my near future, for my little neice or nephew, I can't wait! I am here for you anytime day or night. I love you and Larr. Love, Aunt Cheryl

Jamey said...

Hey Fra,We are all praying for you both,It sure was good seeing ya`ll at the beach.I sure hope that ya`ll will come up to camp with us in the new camper.We love you .Jamey

Karen said...

Hey Mare,
I pray that you are having a better day today. Remember with God all things are possible and HE will see you through these rough times.
All my love,
Karen

Pops Forrest said...

Dearest Mary,
Your blog is the very first that I have visited. You know what an ole dinosaur I am with computers! You have a gazillion people praying for you and Larry here in the Upstate. We will miss you this weekend, but know that a trip to the Gulf with Larry will be close to heaven. All my love! Pops

ceejay said...

Shug, You look awesome with your new do! If anyone can pull it off, it is you. You will always be my sunshine. I love and adore you. Mom(fan club president)

Angela Fomby said...

Mary~
You are so beautiful!!! I love mohawk-so 80's! I am so glad that you were able to enjoy sometime at the beach. I am constantly thinking of you! Have a fabulous weekend!