Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ugh, Ick, Ack, Blah...

Those are the best words I can think of to describe this last treatment. It began quite normally (I wore my cute new shoes and some make up and jeans) and then low and behold, about one third of the way through my first bag of stuff, I was as queasy as I can remember having been yet. It just would not go away, even after I tried to eat the Groucho's that LA and Emma brought, so they gave me some Fenergen (sp, huh?) and that just made me feel like a gigantic, drugged slab o' beef. I could hardly keep my eyes open and still felt nauseous. Finally about an hour before we were all finished, I woke up and low and behold my momma was there! That stuff sure did put me out! I was incredibly groggy the rest of the day and evening and still violently nauseous. Yesterday was exactly the same. Usually the day after treatment, I am doing OK and can get some work done or get up and about, but not yesterday. Larry had to come home to drive me for acupuncture and my miracle magnets, and while they helped some, I am STILL nauseous! Today, I have lost all my taste buds, fingertips are numb again (so please excuse any typos I don't happen to catch) and am all in all just plain cruddy feeling. I did have some of Angel's delish chocochip cookies last night before my taste buds died, so for that I am very grateful! I tried them again today, and while I still ate a few small ones, they tasted like nothing. Zip, zilch, zero. AGGGH!

Anyway, hopefully since the yuckies started so early this time, they will finish sooner as well! That would be great! Now for the updates you really want to know about:

Doc. C has scheduled me for my Radiation Consult on Oct 10, and then my next PET scan on the 29th. Then we will know whether this porta-crap, I mean cath can come out yet! That will be the definitive on whether I am officially done with chemo and ready for radiation. So keep your toes, fingers and tongues crossed on that one! And - I have some new baby hairs on my head! How about that? They look just like peach fuzz and are still trying to grow. Doc C says they may fall out after this treatment, but I am hoping like the dickens that they stay and keep on growing! I am waiting to see if they start curling (cross something on that one, too)!

So, with all that said, there leaves little else. I will continue to keep you guys posted on this dreadful week and last chemo and keep the comments coming. I LOVE THEM!!

Love.

~m

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need some blue cheese dip to revive those taste buds baby!

Rest and snuggle with those puppy dogs. Nothing will heal you faster than that unconditional loving!
xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry that your last treatment was rough, but it's great to think that it's your LAST.

JenGreenwell said...

i am glad you are feeling a little bit better everyday! I love ya and will bring you some Solstice food saturday night!

Anonymous said...

Keep ya head up Mary. Sarah and I think about you all the time and just hope you'll feel better soon. You are beautiful!


Cronin and Sarah