Monday, October 15, 2007

Many thanks

Well - I had the best birthday yet, and it would not have been possible without all you wonderful folks. I received tons of cards and phone calls, emails, myspace messages and the like. And Saturday, Dad, Ang and all the kids came down and spent the afternoon with me which was fantastic. It was great to see them as always. Sunday, Jess, her mom Susan, my mom, Sam, Jen, Larry and lots of others, got together to throw me a wonderful birthday party. We had oysters, kabobs, bleu cheese dip, cake, beer, the whole nine yards. It was attended by my closest friends and family that lived near by and I just smiled all day. Susan let us use her fabulous new home and yard and there was bat gammon, horseshoes, fishing and lots of fun. The only time I can remember when I have felt more loved was the Yard Sale and that will likely never be trumped by anything. It is still simply amazing what lengths my friends and family will go to for me. Jess, Jen, Ash and Sam all got together (very sneakily) and made me the best gift a girl could ever ask for: a scrapbook of this last year (and a few pics from the waybackwhen) full of friends, wigs, baldness, parties, and everything in between. They spent so much time and effort making that book and its the most awesomest thing I have ever seen. I can look at it anytime I like and remember how loved I am. An incredible feeling that is, for sure. Thank you my fabulous friends and fam for the bestest party ever. I love you all.

In other Marynews, I had my scan today to measure the radiation area and I am scheduled to start that on the 30th. That's the day after my diagnostic scan, so hopefully I will then know for sure when they are to take this dumb porta-thing outta my arm. I have my tentative blue-sharpie-marker marks and will get the real-deal Holyfield things on the 29th when they do my simulation scan and make the molds and all that jazz. They did give me my schedule though, and everyday at 2:30 I will report to SCOA and get my laserbeams. After 15, then I am a free woman!!! I guess they will rescan after that, or something, but I will find out for sure and let you all know. Well that is the latest, so until something interesting happens...


Love.

~m

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary,
You are very brave young woman. I love reading your blogs. Happy belated birthday. And you are right, you are very loved.
Amy Tucker Yasso

Nancy said...

Glad you had a very happy birthday!! We love you!!!

Pete said...

I'm really glad you liked your birthday party.
Your days are brighter! Before long you'll be able to plow through life with some serial invincibility... just about anything else has to be easier than that :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good b-day Mary. We were thinking of you. Sarah is massive! Author Mary Reaves?

Betsy said...

Hi Sweetheart! So happy to hear your birthday was so special for you. Justin was sure glad he got to spend time with you and Larry. He told us how beautiful you are,but we knew that already. We love you bunches and hope to hear from you soon. Love your blog!