Friday, January 23, 2009

Lucky

Larry and I were thrown a shower by his work staff yesterday.  I was thrilled from the get-go about their willingness and excitement to do something so nice for us, but when we arrived I was absolutely awe struck.  The office was decorated so beautifully with balloons and a special chair just for me.  There was yummy food covering a beautifully decorated table and then I saw the tables (yep that was plural!) of gifts!! I continue to be stunned in my life at how generous people can be.  Larry and I were shown an immense amount of compassion and generosity last year (wait, make that the year before last!! Whoa time flies) when I was diagnosed with Lymphoma and underwent all that craziness ('round here we call it The Mona Incident).  Almost daily we would open our mail box and there would be a card with a check and a well wish or prayer! That happened for weeks!  My emotions were undergoing an upheaval as it was but this just left me speechless on a nearly daily basis.  I have always tried to live my life (ok, so at least my adult life) as a person who does good things and believes that in doing those things my life will also be good.  I believe in Karma and also believe that Larry and I have are good people.  I still am not sure we are (or were) THAT good.  I have since tried to spread that compassion and generosity as best I can.  And now we are pregnant and again our friends rally around us and help us prepare for the arrival of our little boy.  I continue to feel as though my heart could not possibly be any more full than it is today.  It is such an incredible feeling to be surrounded by people who care so much and are so thoughtful.  Yesterday, after leaving Larry's office with our trunk loaded to the top, I thought the whole way home about how lucky we are.  Lucky to have friends.  Lucky to have family.  Lucky to have each other and lucky to be having this little man coming into our lives.  

Thanks all for being in my life and making it as wonderful as it could possibly be.  

Love.
~lucky m

1 comment:

JuJu said...

Mary, WE are the lucky ones.