Wednesday, February 20, 2008

And the winner is....

Me! Ok, so really this is no win/lose situation, but that was fun anyway. I had my first 3 month scan today and everything was fabulous. They made me drink all that chalky barium stuff, fast on a diet existing of foods without carbs (basically nothing!!) and then I got that strange IV of stuff that makes you feel like you have wet your pants. And in the end-it was all worth it, as I got a clean bill. The only think they noticed was some very slight damage to my lungs and some more scar tissue both from the radiation and surgery (so that explains my lack of ability to breathe when I run? ok, that's just plain old being outta shape, I know). Anyhoo, I don't have to return to Dr C for 3 months. And those previously noted every 3 months scans? Well they have been stretched to every 6 months since we don't really have anything to look at. That is great!!

I do have to see a Neurologist next week though, as I have been experiencing some very bizarre nerve tingling down both legs that happens numerous times every day and has become quite annoying! Dr C (and I) both think it is likely nothing more than some Nueropothy(I guess I forgot to tell you guys I was also a Doctor now) which is fairly common and has several fixes and causes. So, I'll keep you posted on that craziness. I swear, at times I wonder if I am losing it and need to be served by some of my colleagues at the local Mental Health Center, all these crazy things that happen to me! But alas, I have some smart people assuring me I am not making them up, so for now, I am staying out of the treatment centers.

As for all other things in La Vida de Reaves, school is great and only on the verge of kicking my butt. I am enjoying reading and studying (really! Not a lie!) and even writing some papers. I have decided that I am not half bad at that writing stuff! Larry is doing great and Pour It Now is SOOOOO close to having success with the skatepark in Columbia. They have meetings often and are really excited about all the input the city is giving the skaters. It is really exciting! It is also AWESOME to imagine that one day soon there may be another place for the skaters to congregate (other than our backyard, I mean). So, that's where we are and what we've been doing.

Oh, small update on my last blog and my loss on sanity/dealing with anger issues: I am continuing to attend the Support group and find comfort in just being there. Although we may not deal with my stuff, its just nice to be around people who would likely understand. That in itself is a great feeling. I have also really been stepping up the yoga and man, does that just make me feel BETTER!! I cannot explain the benefits I get from my classes. I feel healthy on so many levels and the next day I feel sore and that is even great! I forgot how good it feels to have sore muscles from getting healthy! Anyway, I'm not here to try and sway you all to become yogi's, I just wanted to fill ya in. :)

Hope you are all well and enjoying all this nice weather we've been having. I sure am looking forward to spring and summer as I seemed to miss most of mine last year. Look out summer, here I come!!!

Love.

~m

3 comments:

Pete said...

I would like to announce that I still read these. That is all.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary,
I'm so proud of you for all that you're doing to get to know yourself. My guess is that you're going to be very pleased with what you find.
xxx

Judi

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.