Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wig schmig



Well, I found a wig and it was fun and wore it to Jason's party and about half way through my head was burning up and I just yanked it off. No one's eyes popped out of their head, or jaw dropped to the floor or anything. Not that I expected my friends to all freak out, but they were just fine. They were more interested in playing with my wig than my pale, bald head. I enjoyed the rest of the evening so much more without that stupid itchy thing on top of my head. It was much more fun to watch all of them running around with that contraption on their heads than mine. I think I may be getting a little more used to this bald in public thing after all. Hope you like this little picture (if you click it you can get the full effect, cause this thing would not cooperate with me) I have made for you all!

Today - I even helped Jen move some of her stuff and did not wear my scarf. I sat by the pool afterwards at her apartment complex and was shiny bald for the world to see, and it was quite liberating! Anyway, not much else to tell, so adios!

Love.

~m

5 comments:

Billie said...

mare you know how I feel....You are a vixen with or without the wig...(more so w/out the wig)

Pete said...

You seemed pretty comfortable in your skin, Sunday, meeting new people at the pool.

Unknown said...

hey lady! thanks for sending me the link- i've been catching up on your posts all day. WOW. i'm so proud of your courage and strength through this tough time.

i'm super excited to see you this weekend when i'm home- i'll call you friday and we can make some plans.

have a great week!

Betsy said...

Mary you are so much more than HAIR! People will see that beautiful smile of yours and won't even see the top of your head. Dry those eyes and wear that Mary smile.

Nancy said...

That's the right attitude!! You go girl!! Love ya lots!!